TruGreen California Privacy Notice
Effective June 1, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”), including:
- Identifiers such as name, mailing address, service address, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, account login credentials;
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law such as age (if 40 years or older), ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, gender;
- Other demographic information such as age, marital status, the number and ages of children, what language(s) you speak, the number of persons living at the property, household income;
- Commercial information such as information related to the financing of properties that your own or that we service;whether you own or rent a property, estimated property value, the type(s) of service subscribed to, service dates and history, customer type, account balance and status, reward or loyalty points, survey responses;
- Internet or other electronic network activity such as browsing/search history, IP address, data collected by cookies and similar technologies, device specifications such as device IDs, specifications, operating system;
- Geolocation data such as non-precise geographic location indicators from mobile devices, websites, and service addresses;
- Audio/visual information such as call recordings, chat transcripts, and pictures or images of your properties;
- Professional/employment information such as occupation;
- Education information such as education level;
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information or data that relate to your preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Personal information as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) to the extent collected under another category of Personal Information above.
Some of the Personal Information listed above may be considered Sensitive Personal Information under relevant privacy laws. This includes ethnicity, religion, and your account login credentials. Each type of Personal Information may overlap with a category of Personal Information listed above.
The types of Personal Information we collect about you may vary based on how you use our Sites and/or Services and your relationship with us.
How We Use Information
We may use Personal Information for business purposes, such as to:
- Account creation, fulfillment, servicing and customer support: to create online accounts and profiles, provide goods or services, keep customers informed about the status of their services, respond to questions and address customers concerns, provide newsletters, announcements, service bulletins and other information, operate loyalty. rewards, and retention programs;
- Marketing and market research: to send communications and offers for our or third parties’ products and services, including offers based on consumers’ interests, personal and business characteristics, and location, perform analytics for market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information;
- Collection and credit reporting: to collect on outstanding balances;
- Surveys, promotional events, contests: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, and other promotional events and contests;
- Website use and analytics: to provide you with access to and use of our Sites and Services, analyze consumers’ use of our websites, including the use of third-party web analytics services, which may utilize automated technologies to collect data;
- Eligibility and pricing: to determine if consumers are eligible for certain products, services or offers and the pricing related to such offers;
- Product research: to conduct research and analysis for maintaining, protecting, and developing services, increase and maintain the safety of our products and services, and prevent misuse;
- Business operations: to evaluate, develop, and improve business operations, products and services offered, perform business administration and other normal business activities;
- Compliance: to comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations, our policies, and take actions that we deem necessary to preserve and enforce our rights and the rights of others; and
- Information security and fraud prevention: to operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
We use Sensitive Personal Information as follows:
- TruGreen account credentials – to permit access to customers’ online accounts and operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
- Ethnicity, religion – in connection with marketing campaigns, to the extent permitted by applicable privacy laws.
We may also use Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information as described to you at the point of collection or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws. We use Sensitive Personal Information of California residents only for purposes expressly permitted by California Consumer Privacy Act regulations.
- We may sell your Personal Information to other companies who do not provide services to us (“Third Parties”), including TruGreen franchisees, home service providers, home improvement companies, retailers, realty companies, home builders, marketing sponsorship partners, and other advertisers. In the past twelve months, we sold Identifiers to Franchisees. We do not knowingly sell Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
You have the right to opt-out of our sale and/or sharing of your Personal Information, which you can exercise by visiting: https://www.trugreen.com/privacyrequest.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We may retain each category of Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted based on your relationship with us, our legal and regulatory obligations, and our need to retain information for normal business purposes, including marketing.